Monday, November 11, 2013

Day (almost) 100

Confession time: I skipped the gym today.   

Yes, I feel a little guilt inside.  I worried about what my workout buddies think.  I was concerned how this would be received by my "followers."  However, with all the things happening (which I can't wait to publicly share), plus doing two meltdowns a day, 5-days per week....I needed a little extra break.  So I took one.  

Now it's the end of the day, and as I reflect on my choice to play gym-hookey, as much as I missed it, I think it was good for me at the same time.  Over the last five months, I've been super dedicated and stringent about going; by skipping today and ultimately forcing myself to be okay with that, it was a big step in showing myself that I'm completely imperfect and that is perfectly alright.

Tomorrow will be my 100th day at the gym.  Coincidence?  We shall celebrate with two meltdowns (Patrick suggests three if we can squeeze them all in before Akira's dance class).  



No comments:

Post a Comment