Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Clever Excuses

I think sometimes I'm too good at talking myself out of things like eating healthy, drinking more water and most commonly - exercising.  How can I keep sabotaging myself like this?  I feel like I've tried everything under the sun - I don't want to start sounding like a victim or whiny, but what do I do!?  Seriously.

I set my alarm for the morning to get up and work out and when the alarm comes - I talk myself into sleeping, because sleep is better.  I'll go for a walk tonight when I get home from work.  On weeks I do not have my kids, I find myself keeping busy or complaining to myself of being so exhausted that I just can't walk.  On weeks I do have my kids, I use them as the excuse.  Not every time, because we have gone on walks all together, which is great.  More often than not, I don't go though.

Any advice on how to get moving and KEEP moving?  I can't find my ambition, motivation, or my dedication.  At least not this week.  I'm PMSing....ah, another excuse.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean... but for different reasons. I keep telling myself that I will do it later, make time later.... and I keep putting off the things that need to be done NOW for, well, later.
    I told Josh that when we get the puppy, I am going to get up and take her for a walk each day- and believe it or not- he actually laughed at me! To me that was motivation in itself.... I don't like being laughed at. I know he didn't mean anything by it, much less in a cruel way... but I really want to do this for me and Lexi and for Ziva.
    What time were you thinking about getting up to go walking? And on any days in particular?
    When I read your blog just now- a thought popped into my head.... I usually get out of work at 6 am, and since Ziva will be cooped up in the house each night until I come home, I thought that might be a good time to take her for a walk. So if you want to be up in the morning around that time, or sometime shortly before or after even, I could call or text you and wake you up. If you felt like it after you're up, we could even chat from time to time while we're walking?

    ReplyDelete