Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Slow and steady...steady and slow....

First of all, I want to say thank you guys.  I started this blog because I needed this sort of encouragement, support and love from people who I knew would have a positive, supportive point of view.

So, I'm doing little things.  Last night after taking Westley to T-ball practice, we stopped at Dairy Grille.  Westley earned himself an icecream.....and so did I apparently (thankfully I ordered a baby size...but the butterscotch dip probably made up for it).  As we walked up to the window, we saw Westley's old daycare teacher and her son out walking.  She's lost so much weight, looks happier and healthier - and it's only been a year since I saw her last.  I was energized by her.  When we all got home, we went for a 45 minute walk.  I was a little sore in the legs this morning and surprised by it.  I am more out of shape than I realize.

Today, I wanted a burger SOO bad, but I forced myself to get soup instead - saying out loud to myself "you don't need a burger....soup is going to be healthier for you" and so I begrudgingly drove passed the tempting fast food places and straight to Andy's for soup.

I truly want to get back into running, but I need to get myself focused on the right path and not jumping into running and failing.  My children have a book that I read to them called "Goofy's big race" and their favorite part is to repeat the line that Goofy says "Slow and Steady, Steady and Slow, that's the way we always go."

I'm an INSTANT gratification person.  If I want something, I want it now.  Or if I get my mind set on something, I want to do it immediately.  No waiting, what's the point in waiting.  So this delayed stuff is hard.  I do know that it takes time and work to get there, but I WANT IT NOW.  But, I figure, in a year when I look back, I'll think to myself....gosh, that went quickly and look at how far I have come.  That's my plan anyway.

Now, since there is no rain, off for a walk before the kiddies go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment