Thursday, October 24, 2013

Make Attainable Goals

There's a dress on a hanger in my livingroom.  I originally bought it to go out to a celebration of some sort after our second 90-day challenge (in December). Two weeks ago I put it on and it zipped up!!  I got super excited and decided to pump up my workouts to help slim down my "trouble areas."  I had a new goal to wear the dress (size 10) to the event I have on the 27th of this month.  

Last week I did one meltdown per day, plus weights and mad dance.  This week I'm doing two meltdowns per day.  Oh, and by "I," I mean Patrick, Tom, Jodi, Spencer, and Katie...

So here we are, a couple days before the event.  The last two weeks, I have been confident it would fit just as I imagined.  I put the dress on just to see how close I was...only to be disappointed.  The dress fit.  It zipped.   But it didn't quite look as I imagined it.  It wasn't bad, but it wasn't fantastic.  I felt the tears building up...I have worked so hard and felt I should look different...

I realize now that even though I worked harder than ever during workouts these last two weeks, it was still too late of a start and honestly the goal was very unrealistic - ambitious, but unrealistic.  I JUST got back into a 12, how could I possibly believe I'd be in a 10 that quickly.  What I've re-learned here is that it's great to make goals, to be ambitious and work extra hard for something; but in that same vain, I need to be realistic. 

So, not devastated anymore.  I am proud of my accomplishments (see the pic below of what I wore to work the other day!!).  I will fit into the dress, just as I imagined, in December!  

Anyone want to celebrate with me? 




Anora13.myvi.net

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! So proud of you Sweetheart, you have come a long way and made a MAJOR accomplishment in your life. As hard as it is sometimes to understand, you ARE what you eat. Be Safe, love you. )^_^)

    ReplyDelete