Tuesday, August 20, 2013

No Rest for the Committed

I've been fighting a cough for over a week.  I've had the chills for about half of that time and I had a fever over the weekend.  I feel tired and ready for sleep.  I don't want to sound like a martyr and I'm simply not a warrior.  That is not what this blog is about today.  I just don't want to have any excuses...even being sick.  That's where excuses start - come up with one and suddenly all the excuses start to "make sense."

Maybe it seems strange that I left work early to get some extra rest (I slept for 3.5 hrs straight) but I still went to the gym.  Perhaps if I explain it differently, it'll make more sense.  

As a full time employee at the same company for over 10 years, I have built up a stock of vacation days (which can also be used as sick days). I have earned that time over the course of the 10 years.  However, I have only been going to the gym 2 months.  I have not been there long enough to build up vacation (or sick) days.  

So even though I used lighter weights today, at least I was still there.  I gave no excuses and I went.  Illness, children, busy schedule, sore muscles are no longer excuses!!  My sister-in-law Kelly posted on her wall yesterday that she wet running late at night because "doing it tomorrow" is a thing of the past.  My brother, David, mentioned yesterday that we have been gyming Mon-Friday for 2 months (5 days a week).  There's no reason to make any excuses to skip a day.  It'll take doctors orders to keep me out of the gym!  Even my weird c-section incision issue hasn't kept me out of the gym.  

We are coming up on day 60 (Thursday). I'll be posting some progress pics very soon!   For now, here's a cute baby :)



No comments:

Post a Comment