Thursday, April 14, 2011

Three Months & 25% to my goal!

For the month of April I have committed to not looking at the scale.  Yea....well, it seemed like a good idea at the time!  So here I am two weeks into April and I'm feeling down about my inability to "track" my progress.  So put together this collage of photos from late December/early January until this past Monday.


The worst thing that I do to myself, is I tie my success in getting healthy to a number on a scale.  That number doesn't define my results!  With the help of my husband, I've been talking through some of these conflicting thoughts of scale results versus actual physical results.  I started to really looked at myself and I can see (and feel) muscle definition in my legs, my stomach is getting smaller, and I have a chin again!  These are things I have failed to recognize previously because I was so obsessed with the number on the scale.

Does this mean I won't ever weigh myself again?  It absolutely does NOT mean that.  You can bet your ass that I will be on the scale, May 1st, as soon as I wake up.  With that said, I think what this challenge has given me is the ability to see success in other forms - progress in my running, muscles developing, and clothes not fitting (because they are too small).

25% there.  I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment